|This image represents the convention home page. Here you will find the Career Fair and Saturday Events access point at the left. At the center, you will find the Workshops, Sessions (and Plenaries) access point. At the right, you will access the Special Events and Networking Lounge, where you will find receptions, networking chats, bonus and special content, Student Projects broadcast and news, the Press Room and the virtual photo booth. At the bottom center of the page you will find the Info Desk with help information and the program book.
Attending Our 100-Plus Workshops, Sessions, Plenaries, Events:
The Career Fair:
- Convention sessions, workshops, plenaries, the opening events and other activities will be held on BigMarker, Zoom, Verizon and Matchbox. All sessions (except invite-only) can be accessed via Big Marker.
- If the session is in Zoom, Verizon Media or Matchbox, you will be redirected by the Big Marker platform to your destination. You will access Big Marker by clicking on Workshops and Sessions on the vFairs landing page.
- Once at Big Marker, you will be asked to login with the email provided to the NABJ registration. In Big Marker, you will access premiering, live and on-demand sessions. You may simply click “watch now” to view.
- A note about Matchbox: When you arrive there for certain sessions, a schedule of activities will be displayed to help you find the right room.
- Convention receptions will be held on QiqoChat Universe. QiqoChat will allow you to log in with your name and registered email. You will be able to chat via text and via Zoom audio and camera in this platform with reception hosts and attendees. When you log in, a schedule of activities and listing of reception hosts will be provided, as well as a quick tutorial.
- To access meetings and events on Saturday click on Saturday Events in the Career Fair Lobby. Note the Career Fair ends Friday and is closed Saturday.
- The Career Fair will be hosted in the vFairs Exhibit Hall from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. ET, Wednesday - Friday. Note: Some recruiters are hosting evening hours to accommodate attendees working late or on the West Coast. Please check recruiters’ booths and Bit.ly/NABJNAHJInterview for more info.
- You will be directed from vFairs to the exhibit hall lobby, where you can enter the exhibit floor and interact with 160 plus recruiters. If you have an appointment, you can enter the booth’s chat area, where you can check in for your appointment and enter into private video, text and audio chats with recruiters. You can navigate the exhibit hall by scrolling from left to right or by using the exhibitor index.
- You can click on images and buttons at booths to see jobs, information, links, videos and more. You will also have digital items to add to your virtual swag bag, which you can email to yourself.
- If you don’t have an appointment, you can still enjoy the exhibit hall and sign up for interviews in real time.
- Remember to dress to impress and have your resume, video reel or portfolio links available to quickly share in the chat.
- We also urge you to upload your resume and portfolio links to the NABJ and NAHJ Career Centers, where recruiters will be learning more about attendees now and through the convention. Visit NABJCareers.org or NAHJCareers.org to upload these items. To schedule interviews go to Bit.ly/NABJNAHJInterview.
- If you were among the first 1,200 attendees to RSVP for free meal delivery, you will receive an email from GrubHub to give you access to place your orders. Click here to learn more about the entire process. Check your spam if you don’t see the emails.
Meal Event Schedule
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. EDT, LUNCHEON powered by Walton Family Foundation
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. EDT, LUNCHEON powered by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 | 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. EDT, LUNCHEON powered by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Friday, August 7, 2020 | 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. EDT, BREAKFAST powered by Wells Fargo
Meals will be delivered on the event day only during these times:
- LUNCHEONS: 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. EDT
- BREAKFAST: 6:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. EDT
Tech Support Email addresses (Active starting Wednesday through Saturday):